This 72 hour welding class introduces students to the safety and technical requirements of the Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW – Stick) process and provides opportunities for extensive hands-on practice with the equipment used.
Students will be given:
- welding terminology common to the welding industry
- knowledge on the correct electrodes to use in possible scenarios
- instruction on proper handling and operation of the machine amperage with different of thicknesses of metals
- activities practicing a variety of welds in the flat (1F), horizontal (2F), vertical (3F) and overhead (4F) positions
- special emphasis on following industry approved procedures and developing safe work habits